Although I don’t write often about software I had to do it today since I discovered two little gems on the net today. These programs are part of my essential toolkit on the pc, I simply can’t do without them and today at least they are completely free of charge.
First the most worhtwhile one. Advance System Care 7 Ultimate:
Advance System Care by Iobit is a system maintenance program that allows you to maintain and secure your pc. It comes as a suite packed with functions, mst as part of ASC others as additional free download
Above you see the Antivirus screen. The antivirus is intergrated into the Ultimate version, besides definition updates no other downloads are needed. Keep in mind that Iobit is a newbe in the AV industry and that they use the bitdefender engine. I always use it as secondary AV because of that although is as good as MSE or AVG.
Next is the one click care page. All items are again intergrated within the suite. I would recommend though that the last 4 options are not used every time and if you have a SSD instead of the older HDD you don’t need to defrag at all.
The toolbox. Now here some explanation is needed.
- Iobit Uninstaller: This is an extra download, However the program you download is 100% free. It will make sure that there is nothing left from a program after you uninstall it. Some programs can leave a lot of rubbish behind after it has been removed and this takes care of that rubbish. You can also download and use this program without ASC, you can find it at http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.php
- GameBooster: This is an extra download and as the name says it is for gamers that want to have the full power of their system when gaming. Again also for use without ASC and completely free, find it at http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.php
- Driver Booster: This is an extra download for a program that checks your drivers if they are still up to date. This comes in both a freeware and a pro version. Be carefull when updating drivers, only update if you have problems with the old ones or if you are told so by a computer expert. for differences between free and pro and download location if you want to use it without ASC check http://www.iobit.com/driver-booster.php the pro version will set you back $22,95 for 1 year/3 pc’s
- Malware Fighter: Although there is already a malware fighter inside ASC (which is basically the free version of Malware Fighter) there is an extra Pro version which has a broader search range and better protection. Again you can download the pro version and compare it with the free version at http://www.iobit.com/malware-fighter.php and the program is also usable outside ASC
- Start Menu 8: an extra download (or outside ASC) which gives you a program that brings the start button (windows 7 style) back into windows 8. It is 100% free and can also be found at http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php.
- Iobit Unlocker, ManageMyMobile and protected folder are also available as free download through http://www.iobit.com and 100% free
You will find a few extra programs at the iobit site, they have an ASC for Mobile devices (Advanced Mobile Care) but only for android, they have an ASC for Mac called Macbooster, a random password generator (Although I think nothing beats LastPass ) and a smaller gamebooster called Game Assistant 2 which I will not link because it is inferior to Gamebooster.
As you can see in the screenshots there are two extra tabs. The Turbo Boost tab is basically a kind of gamebooster which you can configure for work mode and game mode basically giving you two sets of boost options depending on what you want to use it for. The last Tab is Action Center and it is nothing more or less than a place where they can present you with discounts on their pro versions of Malware Fighter and Driver Booster. However buying it from within ASC can give you a large discount ($3,99 for Driver Booster or Malware fighter ) And it can happen that you will get a pop up once in a while with iobit program advertising. These pop ups are rare and easy to dismiss.
Now, you have seen the screenshots right, they have been made with Ashampoo Snap 7
Ashampoo is a German company that brings a carload of programs from multimedia (players, burners, editors) to maintenance, an office suite, CAD software etc. However the program I really like is Snap 7, a screen capture utility with many edit option. You can make screenshots like above but you can also make screen videos like this one
Above video was made with Snap 7 and if you are gonna use this offer you might want to take a look at it. Ashampoo is notorious for their many emails, by many called Spam. However.. when you install any of their software you will give permission for that. Following above video will show you how to get rid of them right away 😉
You can find the freebie offer at http://www.donotcrack.com/2014/10/free-ashampoo-snap-7.html
I would say…Enjoy